Landlord and Tenant Dispute Resolution

We have had tenants for the last 7 years and have yet to have any problems!  In fact, we’ve had nothing but great tenants!  But I know this is not always the case. 


Having a tenant can be a great way to help with the mortgage. 


Are you a landlord facing a dispute?  Or a tenant that has a concern?  There is help in the case of a landlord tenant dispute. 


Talking it over


Proper communication could be the best and least expensive solution.  Keep calm, respectful and stick to the issue at hand.  Do not resort to personal attacks.  The sooner you’re able to talk things through the better.  Keep a record of the conversation.


Be sure to know your rights as a landlord and tenant.  Here is more info;


Write a Letter


If discussing the problem did not lead to a satisfactory resolution try sending a letter.  Including how the problem is affecting the parties involved.  How long the problem has existed.  What you have done personally to try and resolve the issue.  What you would like the other party to d and within what time frame. 


Be sure to keep a copy of the letter.  Give the other party time to rectify the situation. 


If the above do not help, you can ask for help. The Residential Tenancy Branch can provide more information with the process. 



If none of the above work you can apply for Dispute Resolution.


If you are currently renting and want to stop paying someone else’s mortgage – give us a call.  We can help you with this process!


No comments

Post Your Comment:

Your email will not be published
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.