If you missed our newsletter please see one of the great articles below.
That’s good advice for you to consider when you’re putting your home up for sale. You need to imagine what a buyer might be thinking while viewing your property, so you can prepare your home more effectively for that sale.
Here are some things buyers may be wondering:
- Is this the type of home we’re looking for? Does it have the ideal number of bedrooms, etc.?
- Are the rooms spacious enough for our needs?
- Are there any repairs or other maintenance issues that need to be addressed?
- How old is the property? Is there anything major, such as a furnace, that will need to be replaced soon?
- What is the neighbourhood like? Will we be happy living in this area? Is it safe?
- Is this home going to fit our lifestyle? Is there an area for the kids to play? Is there ample room for entertaining? Is the dining room large enough for dinner with family and relatives?
Of course, these are only a few of the many questions a buyer may have while viewing your home.
The more you can anticipate these questions and prepare your home accordingly, the better the chances that you’ll sell it quickly and for a good price.
For example, remember that clutter will make a room appear smaller. So, make sure to de-clutter your home – especially the smaller spaces and cupboards.
If your house is in a desirable neighbourhood, create a list of area features (i.e. local parks, access to public transit, walking paths, etc.) to help buyers appreciate the value of living there.
Basically, when you’re preparing your home for sale, think like a prospective buyer!
Need help? Call today.
Post Your Comment: